Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sow & Reap/Pizza Hut



Papaw and Nanney took the time to plant some seed several weeks ago. Mississippi went through a time of drought this year and each day Pop would go out and water his garden. The harvest went well.....especially the "sweet taters."

Galatians 6:7-9 Don't be decieived: God is not mocked. For whatever a man sows he will also reap, because the one who who sows to his flesh will reap corruption from the flesh, but the one who sows to the Spirit will reap eternal life from the Spirit.(HCSB)

How was your spiritual garden this year? Were you able to pick any fruit for the kingdom? Please pray that we will have boldness to broad sow the Gospel ever where we go.
Let me share with a short story. Last Saturday the family and I had a day off and we drove up to VA Beach and spent the day. We stopped by a local Pizzan Hut for supper. Several college kids [15 or 20 of them] came and sit at a long table next to us. One young man had on a blue and white shirt that read, "Got Jesus?" After I had paid for the meal Suzanne and the kids went out to the van. I walked up to this young man and in a very stern voice asked him this question, "What gives you the right to wear that shirt in here?" I was wondering if I was going to get out alive. He looked straight at me and stated, "I wear this shirt because Jesus loves me and I have Him in my heart and He loves you also." WOW!!! If only more college 26 yr olds loved Jesus like that. This young man loved the Lord and was unashamed to sow the Gospel.

Well, our conversation turned friendly and encouraging at this point. They then asked if they could pray for our family. I went out and got Suzanne and the kids. Those 15 or 20 college kids surrounded us in Pizzan Hut laid hands on us and prayed heaven down.........out loud and ferverently. God bless those young people. Many people in Pizza Hut that night heard the name of Jesus proclaimed. If we are expecting a harvest then we must be busy planting.

Have you planted anything this week? God bless my Pizza Hut friends..........each one of you was an encouragment to our family.

No comments: